SSL certificate providers are organizations that issue SSL (Secure Socket Layer) certificates, which are digital certificates that enable secure communication between a website and its visitors. SSL certificates help to encrypt data transmitted between the website and the user’s browser, protecting sensitive information such as passwords, credit card details, and personal data from hackers and cybercriminals.
If you are looking for an SSL certificate to secure your website, then you will have to find one from the many certificate providers available on the market. But is the SSL certificate worth the struggle? What are some of the benefits of using an SSL certificate? Let us check why you need an SSL certificate before we see some of the best certificate providers you should consider.
Why Do You Need An SSL Certificate?
Here are some reasons why you need an SSL certificate:
- Security: SSL certificates ensure that the data transmitted between the web server and the user’s browser is secure and protected from eavesdropping, tampering, and data theft. So with the alarming surge in the cases of data breaches, an SSL certificate can be your savior.
- Authentication: SSL certificates provide authentication, verifying that the website the user is visiting is genuine and not an imposter or fake website.
- Trust: SSL certificates display a padlock icon and the “https” prefix in the address bar of a browser, which indicates to users that the website they are visiting is trustworthy and secure.
- SEO: Google and other search engines prioritize websites that have SSL certificates, which means that having an SSL certificate can improve your website’s search engine rankings.
Top SSL Certificate Providers
SSL2BUY is an online SSL certificate provider that offers a wide range of SSL certificates from trusted Certificate Authorities (CAs) at affordable prices. They provide SSL certificates for businesses of all sizes, including individuals, small businesses, and large enterprises.
SSL2BUY offers a variety of SSL certificates, including Domain Validated (DV), Organization Validated (OV), Extended Validation (EV), Wildcard SSL certificate, Multi-Domain/SAN SSL, and Code Signing certificates.
SSL2BUY is committed to providing excellent customer service, with a knowledgeable support team available to assist customers with any questions or issues they may have. They also offer a 30-day money-back guarantee on all SSL certificates.
Overall, SSL2BUY is a reputable SSL certificate provider that offers a wide range of SSL certificates at competitive prices, with a focus on customer satisfaction and support.
Sectigo is among the best SSL certificate providers on the market. The company offers a wide range of products and services, including SSL/TLS certificates, code signing certificates, email signing certificates, secure email services, vulnerability scanning, and web security solutions. Sectigo is known for its expertise in digital certificate management and has been in the industry for over 20 years.
The company has a global presence, with offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Ukraine, and India. It serves millions of customers worldwide, including small businesses, enterprises, and governments. Sectigo is committed to helping companies to protect their digital assets and stay secure in an increasingly connected world.
Here are some reasons why you might consider choosing Sectigo:
- Trusted and Experienced: Sectigo has been in the security industry for over 20 years and has a proven track record of providing reliable security solutions to customers around the world. It is also one of the largest commercial Certificate Authorities (CA) in the world.
- Diverse Range of Products: Sectigo offers a wide range of security solutions, including SSL certificates, code signing certificates, email security, web security, IoT security, and more. This makes it easy for businesses and individuals to find the right security solution to meet their needs. It offers all varieties of SSL certificates, including DV SSL, OV SSL, and EV SSL certificates.
- Advanced Technology: Sectigo uses advanced technology to provide its customers with the highest level of security. Its SSL certificates, for example, use industry-standard encryption and offer features like extended validation (EV) to provide enhanced security, validation, and trust.
- Exceptional Customer Support: Sectigo is known for its outstanding customer support. Its support team is available 24/7 to assist customers with any questions or issues they may have. In addition, Sectigo provides a wealth of resources on its website, including FAQs, knowledge base articles, and more.
- Competitive Pricing: Sectigo offers its security solutions at competitive prices, making it an affordable option for businesses and individuals who want to enhance their security without breaking the bank.
GlobalSign is a leading provider of trusted identity and security solutions for businesses and individuals worldwide. The company offers a range of digital certificates, including SSL/TLS certificates for securing websites and servers, code signing certificates for software developers, and personal certificates for secure email and document signing.
In addition to digital certificates, GlobalSign also provides a range of other security solutions, including PKI solutions, secure email solutions, and IoT security solutions. The company is committed to helping businesses and individuals protect their data and communications from cyber threats.
GlobalSign was founded in 1996 and is headquartered in Belgium, with offices and operations around the world. The company is owned by Japan-based GMO Internet Group and is a member of the CA/Browser Forum, a group of certificate authorities and browser vendors that work together to establish guidelines and best practices for SSL/TLS certificates.
Thawte is a company that provides digital certificates, which are used to secure websites, encrypt communications, and authenticate users. The company was founded in 1995 by Mark Shuttleworth in South Africa, and was one of the first companies to offer digital certificates to the public.
Thawte’s digital certificates are used by websites and other online services to establish a secure connection with users, ensuring that sensitive data such as passwords, credit card numbers, and other personal information is protected from interception and theft. Thawte’s certificates are also used to verify the authenticity of websites, ensuring that users are communicating with the website they intended to and not a fraudulent website designed to steal their information.
Thawte was acquired by VeriSign in 2000 and later became part of Symantec Corporation’s Website Security division. In 2017, Thawte was sold to DigiCert, a provider of digital certificates and related services.
Digicert is a leading provider of digital certificates and SSL/TLS solutions. They offer a wide range of security products and services, including SSL/TLS certificates, code signing certificates, and enterprise PKI solutions.
Their SSL/TLS certificates are used to secure websites, encrypt online communications, and protect sensitive data from unauthorized access. They offer various types of SSL/TLS certificates, including domain validation, organization validation, and extended validation certificates, each providing a different level of validation and security.
Digicert also offers code signing certificates, which are used by developers to digitally sign their software and ensure its authenticity and integrity. In addition, they provide enterprise PKI solutions that enable organizations to manage their own public key infrastructure and issue digital certificates to their employees and devices.
Digicert is recognized as a trusted certificate authority by major web browsers and operating systems, and their products and services are used by organizations of all sizes, from small businesses to large enterprises.
|Certificate types offered||DV, OV, EV SSL, Wildcard SSL, Multi-domain SSL||DV, OV, EV SSL, Wildcard SSL, Multi-domain SSL||DV, OV, EV SSL, Wildcard SSL, Multi-domain SSL||DV, OV, EV SSL, Wildcard SSL, Multi-domain SSL||DV, OV, EV SSL, Wildcard SSL, Multi-domain SSL|
|Encryption strength||256-bit to 4096-bit||256-bit to 4096-bit||256-bit to 4096-bit||256-bit to 4096-bit||256-bit to 4096-bit|
|Warranty level||Up to $1,750,000||Up to $2,000,000||Up to $1,500,000||Up to $1,500,000||Up to $1,500,000|
|Validation process||Automated & Manual||Automated & Manual||Automated & Manual||Automated & Manual||Automated & Manual|
|Issuance time||Minutes to hours||Minutes to hours||1-3 days||1-3 days||1-3 days|
|Support options||Email, Phone, Chat, Knowledge base||Email, Phone, Chat, Knowledge base||Email, Phone, Chat, Knowledge base||Email, Phone, Chat, Knowledge base||Email, Phone, Chat, Knowledge base|
|Price range (per year)||$8.00 to $1785.00||$59.00 to $1,499.00||$249.00 to $1,999.00||$149.00 to $999.00||$175.00 to $2,499.00|
If you are looking to buy an SSL certificate or any other digital certificate, the five certificate providers covered herein would be a great choice. You will surely get value for every cent you pay them. Reach out to any of them today and boost your website security.